Saturday, December 20, 2014

Kindergarten Parent Gift

As a parent, my favorite Christmas tree ornaments over the years are the ones my daughters made in elementary school.  I especially love the ornaments that have school pictures and the year made!  For that reason, I always have my kindergartners make an ornament where they write their name and year (I add the school picture later).

It doesn't get much simpler than this: I buy 3 sheets of fun foam, which usually runs $1 per sheet.  I used the school die cut machines to cut out a holiday shape.  On the back, I draw a line for the students to write their name.  The students use a Sharpie to write their name and school year.  Then they turn over the ornament and decorate with sequins and glitter glue.  When they dry, I glue on their school picture and poke an ornament holder through the top.  That's it! Inexpensive and minimal work for me at a very busy time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment